2.11.08

Cloudbusting


I was perusing Gareth's Bleeps and Booms blog today and read about his recommendation for creating artist and tag clouds from your Last.fm profile.  Very exciting indeed. 

Not as visually stimulating as Wordle - though it does pulse and morph after you have created it - and limited to 50 artists/tags, the concept is still enjoyable nonetheless. And a great way of examining your listening habits.  
 
Mine is a bit messy. According to the code's creator, this is because I tend to listen to similar musical styles - and therefore my cloud is dense, with the relationships between the artists/tags being too tight. Apologies. Old habits die hard.

It reminds me of the old Ishkur's guide - which apart from the brashness of the editorial and the hideous logo font - has often provided me hours of explorational joy.

No comments: